April 5th & 6th HOSA State Leadership Conference in Sioux Falls
What is happening in HOSA?
The students have been busy working on their competitive events for the HOSA State Leadership Conference in Sioux Falls on April 5th & 6th. Good luck to each of the competitors!!
THE HOSA MOTTO
"The Hands of HOSA Mold the Health of Tomorrow"
THE HOSA CREED
I believe: in the health care profession.
I believe: in the profession for which I am being trained and in the opportunities.
I believe: in education.
I believe: that through education I will be able to make the greatest use of my skills, knowledge and experience in order to become a contributing member of the health care team of my community.
I believe: in myself.
I believe: that by using the knowledge and skills of my profession I will become more aware of myself. Through fulfilling these goals I will become a more responsible citizen.
I believe: that each individual is important in his or her own right; therefore, I will treat each person with respect and love.
To this end, I dedicate my training, my skills and myself to serve others through Health Occupations Students of America.
The mission of HOSA is to enhance the delivery of compassionate, quality health care by providing opportunities for knowledge, skill and leadership development of all health science education students, therefore, helping the student meet the needs of the health care community.
The purpose of the HOSA organization is to develop leadership and technical HOSA skill competencies through a program of motivation, awareness and recognition, which is an integral part of the Health Science Education instructional program.
The goals that HOSA believes are vital to each member are:
- To promote physical, mental and social well being.
- To develop effective leadership qualities and skills.
- To develop the ability to communicate more effectively with people.
- To develop character.
- To develop responsible citizenship traits.
- To understand the importance of pleasing oneself as well as being of service to others.
- To build self-confidence and pride in one's work.
- To make realistic career choices and seek successful employment in the health care field.
- To develop an understanding of the importance in interacting and cooperating with other students and organizations.
- To encourage individual and group achievement.
- To develop an understanding of current health care issues, environmental concerns, and survival needs of the community, the nation and the world.
- To encourage involvement in local, state and national health care and education projects.
- To support Health Science Education instructional objectives.
- To promote career opportunities in health care.